Tuesday, March 27, 2007

200,000!

That's a heck of a lot of miles! The YosiMobile tends to get cranky these days. And who could really blame her? She's not old. Only about 6 yrs, but she's got lots & lots of miles, & lots & lots of memories. A prized token is a small angel pin I keep on the sun visor. No, I'm not an angel believer, especially not the Angel of The Highway, (protect us). But, it was a pin sent to me by the grandparents of a little girl who "just loved my concerts." They felt I should have it. So, it went in the minivan. Most days I forget it's there. Kinda like you forget there's a hazard button on the steering column. But I know it's always there & this angel (the little girl) is somehow with me through the many miles. Been with me to Florida. A few trips to DC, Philly, NYC, CT, VA, MD, DE & way too many to count in the Garden State. Family outings, rides to gigs, shopping, etc. In a million years I would've never picked this pin to adorn...err...anything. Perhaps a Keep on Truckin' pin would be closer to my speed for a little kitch. But then I suppose it wouldn't have the same delicate sensibility of a dotting grandparent.

No comments: