Thursday, December 21, 2006

Four Feasts & a Physical


11:44pm Why am I up? Should gone to bed by now. But this here new fangled computin' machine got me burnin' watchyamacall ...that midnight errl. Been schlepin' all over creation a-singin', a-crackin' jokes & a-shoppin'. Kids are all excited about going to Safta's (Grandma's) house for our annual Hanukkah get together. All the cousins will be there. Then the following day we're having Xmas Eve dinner here with H's family. Then Xmas Day at Nana's house. Mo gifts. Mo dinner. Then Kwanzaa (the next day)...we don't celebrate it...but my bro is takin' me & the little lady to yet another dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant. Looks like four eves of feasting! Got get back on that imaginary treadmill. Or at least pace me self at buffet & dinner tables, before I go for my annual physical. Maybe Santa will bring me a gym membership (right next to my lump 'o coal.)

Anyhoo, it's just great to see the kids getting excited about the holidays...lighting candles, giving gifts to teachers, making cookies, decorating the house, seeing relatives...would be nice if we got some snow.

No comments: